Hello From The Land of Never Ending White!

 


After 23 years here I'm used to snow...

But the last series of storms has been one for the books. At one point we got 10" in about an hour. The snow walls around my driveway are close to 16' high. Backing out into the road requires an act of faith that the idiot barreling down the hill is paying attention.

Bob and I have shoveled and shoveled and shoveled. There's actually no place to put more snow, but 3 more feet are in the forecast. At least today was clear. I'll take my blessings as they show up. No power this morning, but it was only out for maybe 6 hours.

Tomorrow will bring what it will. This has been a good object lesson. I have no control over what Mother Nature throws into the hopper. In truth, we can't control much of anything. It's an illusion we nurture because it makes us feel better.

What carries me through is living in the moment. I don't think about how much I have left to do, I just put my head down and focus on the work in front of me. I figure it's exercise, something I need to keep me sane.

I did hire a guy to work on the roof. He'll almost be starting over except the new stuff hasn't had a chance to form ice dams, so maybe it won't take as long.

In betwixt and between I finished finetuning my new audiobook website. I have a couple of special sales on series starters that will be highlighted below.

As long as we're talking audio, Apple jumped on the AI bandwagon. I have 7 AI books on Google Play, and I'll have 10 on Apple Books in a month or so. Their system is different. All I had to do was submit the book and they do all the editing work. I'll be interested to see how the finished product shapes up compared with Google's AI.

Google has a lot of voices to choose from. Apple has two. With Google, I have to listen to each word and make corrections as needed. it's time consuming. Apple supposedly does all that for me. We shall see. Usually, there's no free lunch, but I will say the AI is improving. The books on GP are better than they were when I uploaded them six months ago. Google did promise to add improvements as they crafted them.

Circling back to snow. I've asked myself several times if I'm sorry we never managed to move. The answer is no. Particularly in light of what's happening with the real estate market. Had we bought something, essentially at the top of the market, it could have taken years for things to turn around. Meanwhile, we'd have a property that wasn't worth anywhere near what we paid for it. Not a big deal, unless we needed to move again.

I'm sure by the time I send the next newsletter, the sun will be out. The MLK crowds will have dispersed, and I'll go skiing on all that lovely fresh snow.

Audiobook Sale!

Blood and Magic, first of the Coven Enforcer series is #FREE on Author's Direct for a very limited time. Yup. Free. Hurry. This special pricing won't last.
******

Magic didn’t just find Luke Caulfield. It chased him down, bludgeoned him, and has been dogging him ever since. Some lessons are harder than others, but Luke embraces danger, upping the ante to give it one better. An enforcer for the Coven, a large, established group of witches, his latest assignment is playing bodyguard to the daughter of Coven leaders.

Abigail Ruskin is chaperoning a spoiled twelve-year-old from New York to her parents’ home in Utah Territory when Luke gets on their stagecoach in Colorado. A powerful witch herself, Abigail senses Luke’s magic, but has no idea what he’s doing on her stagecoach. Stuck between the petulant child and Luke’s raw sexual energy, Abigail can’t wait for the trip to end.

Luke is so attracted to Abigail, she’s almost all he can think about, but he’s leery too. The child is just plain evil. Is Abigail in league with her? It might explain the odd attack that took out their driver. In over his head, he summons enforcer backup.

Will they help him save the woman he’s falling in love with, or demand her immediate execution?

Remember! #Free on Author's Direct


 
One More Audiobook Sale

Feral Ice is just 1.99 on Author's Direct. 
Almost 7 hours of listening.
*******

Scientists don’t believe in dragons.

Dragons never think much about humans at all.

Maybe it’s time for their worlds to collide amidst the dangerous beauty of Antarctica.

Doctor and biochemist, Erin signed up for six months aboard an Antarctic research ship to escape her stifling surgery practice. Jerked from her cozy cabin, she’s dumped in an ice cave by men who assume she’s dead.

Konstantin and Katya, twins and dragon shifters, have lived miles beneath the polar ice cap for hundreds of years. Other dragons left, but they stuck it out. When several humans—all but two of them dead—end up not far from their lair, the opportunity is too good to pass up.

If the lore is to be believed, humans can become dragon shifters. Delighted by a simple solution to their enforced isolation, the dragons lure the humans to their home. Surely, they’ll be thrilled by the prospect of becoming magical. 

Or not.

Too bad no one shared the script with the humans. Science be damned, they’re horror-struck in the face of fire-breathing dragons. All they want is to escape, but home is thousands of miles away.

Just 1.99 at Author's Direct for a very limited time.

Did you know
All my series are also available in bundles. You can save money and have a seamless reading experience. Most of my bundles include the entire series. Some include the first two or three books.
If you go to the series pages on my website, bundles are listed along with the individual titles.
Contest Time!

Tell me your favorite mythical creatures for a chance at a $25 Amazon GC. There's also a spot for your favorite New Year's intentions. I'm just being nosy.
Click here to get rolling with that survey and contest. Looking ahead to my next few series and what types of mythical beasts to include.
The winter wolf is a lazy ass. He also has a toy collection, and he keeps track of them like a dragon squatting over a hoard. Smiles.
That's all for this newsletter. See you in a couple of weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts